President Trump

JimHow

Re: President Trump

Post by JimHow »

Hope we can break the fever come November. It all rides on Jon Northway’s Michigan, as far as I can tell from my interactive electoral college map.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I was in Manhattan yesterday, there were four U.S. Presidents on the other side of the street.
I'm in Washington now, going to meet up with some BWEers tomorrow night for some fine Bordeaux.
Every way I cut my interactive 270 electoral college map, it comes down to a frighteningly fairly narrow path through Michigan for the Democrats.
It seems to me that Orange Head has more paths to victory through Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, you get the picture.
My friend from China literally started crying the first time I took her past the north lawn of the White House.
I hope we don't lose this in November. We're counting on you, JC Northway!
Attachments
IMG_0833.jpg
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

We are counting on the great state of Michigan, Mr. Northway, to save the American democracy experiment as we know it, and perhaps the health and welfare of the other 8 billion inhabitants on the planet.

No pressure, I know, but I'll buy you a nice Felsina Rancia from the vintage of you choice if you, The Gretch, and the rest of the state help us out. I promise I'll do the best I can with my one little electoral vote here in the second congressional district in Maine....
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

I am feeling quietly optimistic that we can deliver the great state of Michigan to Biden in November. If enough local crazies keep making the news it will be easier. Just a couple of days ago, a local state legislator in the Republican camp posted on X that he had seen charter flights arriving at the Detroit airport, and the passengers boarded three buses. He said that it was illegals being released into the city. It was actually three college basketball teams arriving in the city for the NCAA tournament!
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

Interesting piece in today's Detroit Free Press about "Gretch"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/run-presiden ... 27023.html
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

She’s going to have her work cut out for her. The American political landscape is strewn with the failures of governors who were super stars in their respective states, wrote their political biographies, thought their message was going to appeal nationally, etc. See most recently the douche from Florida, Niki Haley, and others. It’s been a fairly even split between governors and senators since Ike as the best path to the White House. A lot of “experts” thought the Florida Man was a sure bet and watched him shrivel before our eyes in about a week. Plus she of course is going to have to deal with discrimination against her gender in a country that has never elected a person who identifies as female. I like her, I hope she wins, but it’s not going to be handed to her. She seems very intelligent and very tough, two traits that appeal to me, but so does Klobuchar, and she didn’t get very far. Go Gretch!
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

First she has to deliver Michigan in November!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Go Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Atlanta.

I still can only chuckle when I remember the red faced Orange Man after midnight during the last election, calling for a stop of the count in Michigan, knowing what was coming. Yes, Orange Man, you won Michigan if we don’t count the votes in Detroit and other urban areas.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

If you haven't seen this Mr. Flaneur I thought it was quite witty....

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/22/opin ... tates.html
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

This Trump prosecution stinks to high heaven, it is going to backfire against the left.
marcs

Post by marcs »

The New York criminal trial and civil penalty trial both seem like ridiculous cases that would never have been brought against any ordinary individual. They are a terrible precedent of the use of the legal system to negate the peoples' right to choose their candidate in an open election.

With that said I believe that Trump should lose the 2024 election fair and square. The economy was worse in 2022 than now and the Rs barely managed to squeak out taking the House. I think if the 81 year old Biden had stepped aside for an attractive younger candidate like Gavin Newsom the Ds would be winning by a lot. I actually find it amazing that Biden is insisting on running.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Seriously, Joe could have had a nice strong James Polk like one term presidency, saved us from Trump, and moved back to Delaware with a nice four year job well done. But no.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Alex R and I have articulated the view that it would be a disaster for humankind and Planet Earth if Trump wins.

As far as I can gather if OH gets convicted on any of the charges that will definitely help Sleepy Joe - as would Kennedy entering the race - but how much is Biden going to be hurt by the young voters not turning up in protest over his unconditional backing of Israel?