2009 Clos Marsalette

Nicklasss

2009 Clos Marsalette

Post by Nicklasss »

Tonight with beef brochette with a whisky and black pepper glaze, I thought the 2009 Clos Marsalette would be rich enough to match.

This 2009 has improved in the last few years, with still a dark red color, a less oaky and more complex nose including blackcurrants, coffee, flowers, ripe red cherries, cinnamon, and some other spices like pink pepper corn and even something like dry ginger. In mouth, rich ripe dark red berry fruit flavors, supporter by balsamic tones, bitter cherries, creamy textures, cola, with medium quantity of very ripe tanins, medium long concentrated cherry and light wood. I would say that this is definitely modern and far away from my conception of Graves, but quite excellent anyhow. The ripe 2009 vintages gave 13.5 % alcohol, but for a reason, warm a bit on the final. Tn:89. Would I keep that age more? Tough question... It changed so much in few years...

Nic
Attachments
A modern Pessac
A modern Pessac
image.jpg (104.27 KiB) Viewed 232 times
Nicklasss

Re: 2009 Clos Marsalette

Post by Nicklasss »

Cool down a bit, light burned molasse taste come on. Something smoky too.

Nic
Last edited by Nicklasss on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I can't remember the lone vintage I've had of this wine -- 2000, I think -- it was "pleasant" but nothing profound.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

At the end, it was so unelegant and brutish, that I would say it is a rating of 87 only...

Not my cup of tea.

Nic
AKR

Post by AKR »

I have yet to try one. In general though I like the style though of their 'family' of wines (Canon LaGaf et al.)

The labels are always so clean and elegant. Nice to see the pictures so thanks for sharing that.