2000 Segla

dstgolf

2000 Segla

Post by dstgolf »

With wholesome beef stew on a beautiful Fall day with colours just starting and golf course in peak shape ready for its winter sleep in a few weeks we enjoyed this 2000 Segla. With some discussions recently about 2000s ready to go I thought I'd pull this second wine from this Chanel property(Remember Nic!!). No question this second wine is in a very nice spot right now and it only makes me wonder how good the first must be! Starting to brick on the edges and showing some age but the nose is all Margaux and open for business. Delicious with a little residual tannins to match up beautifully with the stew. Fruit starting to plateau with earthy notes developing. Very nice right now and one of the better seconds but I wouldn't sit on this one beyond a 5 yr window. 92pts.
Danny
Claret

Re: 2000 Segla

Post by Claret »

This bodes well for my untasted 2000 Rausan Segla. I may open a bottle in a few more years.
Glenn
Nicklasss

Re: 2000 Segla

Post by Nicklasss »

Thank dstgolf.

The second wines don't always have good press, but think about it seriously, for serious Chateaux, they can't be that far from the first wine, coming from the same vineyard and made by the same team.

Last May, during our BWE tour, the 04 second wine of Chateaux Margaux, was not too far behind the 04 first wine.

Nic