The most wonderful time of the year...

Blanquito

The most wonderful time of the year...

Post by Blanquito »

Shipping season!

I got my first delivery of the Fall and it's like the holidays have arrived. 3 bottles of the 2010 Beychevelle, 3 bottles of the 2009 Magdelaine... to be buried and forgotten for 15 years... But still it's always a treat, just see them, just to hold them, just to put them in my cellar months after some electronic purchase a time-zone away....
Blanquito

Re: The most wonderful time of the year...

Post by Blanquito »

Actually, I misspoke... I received a bunch of wine from Premier Cru in September that was delivered to my buddy's house, but somehow that didn't count since it was all swaps.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I thought you were going to say that the PC shipment didn't count because you ordered it so long ago you'd completely forgotten that it was coming. Ba-DUM-bum...
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Latest arrivals here were 2011 Shafer Hillside Select and 2012 Conseillante, the last of my '12 chickens to come home to roost. I blame all of my 2012 purchases on the BWE Enablers.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

DavidG wrote:Latest arrivals here were 2011 Shafer Hillside Select and 2012 Conseillante, the last of my '12 chickens to come home to roost. I blame all of my 2012 purchases on the BWE Enablers.
David, I am shocked, shocked I say, that you bought 2012 Bordeaux! I have it on good authority that 2005 Bordeaux was to be your last vintage (arriving fully mature by the time PC delivered)! This saddens (and gladdens) me deeply, because if you are so readily enabled on this site, what chance do I have? At least we are all in this together.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Stefan, did you get any of your PC prearrivals yet? I recall that John Fox owes you a lot of wine.
AKR

Post by AKR »

One shipment earlier this week, another coming tomorrow. But I don't really have that much coming overall.

Thoughts on either of these current releases at my local store? have liked them in the past but am mostly out now (maybe one Chappellet left?)

13 Ridge Geyserville $28
12 Chappellet 'Signature' $42
13 Ramey Claret $34 (I think)

Have not reloaded on CA wines for years, but it seems like 12/13's should be ok to lay down?
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

DavidG wrote:Latest arrivals here were 2011 Shafer Hillside Select and 2012 Conseillante, the last of my '12 chickens to come home to roost. I blame all of my 2012 purchases on the BWE Enablers.
Joyfully I managed to nab a case of La Conseillante 2012 this week at a good price. It has been difficult to get hold of here. They say it is a modern day version of the 1985.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

AKR wrote:One shipment earlier this week, another coming tomorrow. But I don't really have that much coming overall.

Thoughts on either of these current releases at my local store? have liked them in the past but am mostly out now (maybe one Chappellet left?)

13 Ridge Geyserville $28
12 Chappellet 'Signature' $42
13 Ramey Claret $34 (I think)

Have not reloaded on CA wines for years, but it seems like 12/13's should be ok to lay down?
I am a big, big fan of the 2013 Geyserville. Drinking well right now. That's a very competitive price.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Blanquito wrote:
David, I am shocked, shocked I say, that you bought 2012 Bordeaux! I have it on good authority that 2005 Bordeaux was to be your last vintage (arriving fully mature by the time PC delivered)! This saddens (and gladdens) me deeply, because if you are so readily enabled on this site, what chance do I have? At least we are all in this together.
Actually, 2009 was going to be my last Bdx year. But I was still talking about 2005 long after ordering my 2009s because I was still waiting on the 2005s from PC.

Then the BWE enablers got me to spring for 2010s, which was absolutely, positively going to be my last year.

Well, you see how that has turned out.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Comte Flaneur wrote:
Joyfully I managed to nab a case of La Conseillante 2012 this week at a good price. It has been difficult to get hold of here. They say it is a modern day version of the 1985.
Ian, it was your enthusiasm for this wine that got me to pull the trigger. Best price I could find in the US was $100/btl at Wine Exchange. It was probably less expensive en primeur but I wasn't looking then.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Not yet, Patrick. I have it in writing that a ship will arrive in October that contains quite a few items. We'll see.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

DavidG wrote:
Comte Flaneur wrote:
Ian, it was your enthusiasm for this wine that got me to pull the trigger. Best price I could find in the US was $100/btl at Wine Exchange. It was probably less expensive en primeur but I wasn't looking then.
I paid a similar price. I think that La Conseiilante at that price for that quality is undervalued. And it is a fabulous terroir wedged between L'Evangile, VCC, Petrus , Figeac and Cheval Blanc.
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

The shipping season is here!!!! They are home!!! They are home!!! Yippee... :P :P :P :P :P

Received few bottles of wine from various retailers across the country. Some purchases were sale itmes, some were auction purchases and few bin end sales, some prearrival stuff, some purchase that round-off previous purchases and some were odd purchases that I could muster off of internet.

2 bottles of 2009 Angerville Fremiet
2 bottles of 2009 Angerville Champans
2 bottles of 2011 Angerville Champans
2 bottles of 2010 GPL
Half a case of 2010 SHL
2 bottles of 2010 Canonica Paiagallo Barolo
2 bottles of 2010 Mascarello Monprivato
2 bottles of 2009 Lynch Bages
1 bottle of 2008 Voerzio La Serra
Split of 2008 Y'Quem
1 bottle of 2005 JJ Prum Spatlese
1 bottle of 2010 AF Gros Vosnee Romanee Aux Reas
4 Splits of 2009 Lynch Bages
1 bottle of 1975 Lynch Bages
2 bottles of 2004 Armand Clos des Epeneaux
2 bottles of 1982 Palmer
2 bottles of 2010 Cantemerle
4 Splits of 2009 Fieuzal Blanc
2 bottles of 2012 Opus One
2 bottles of 2000 Haut Bages Liberal
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

A silly amount of wine arrived for me today. But that's basically all of it for the year.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Five boxes arrived today. Looks like a lot of shoes and handbags are in our future.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Sadly, my knees could only stand up to getting half of this week's arrivals down to the basement. It should all get there by Saturday but geeze...