Thanksgiving 2015, Day 3

stefan

Thanksgiving 2015, Day 3

Post by stefan »

stefanJr’s cousin Thoreau & family and stefanJr’s colleague MH were coming in, so Lucie made her traditional Wednesday before Thanksgiving minestrone that could be eaten whenever people arrived. We drank some wines from a WineBid.com package I had shipped to Oregon.

1998 Parusso Barolo. “This is a really nice Borolo”, exclaims Lucie on first sip. MH added, “I like it a lot,” and commented later that this one was his favorite. It was also my favorite, mainly because all the rough edges were gone. stefan 91. Lucie 89. stefanJr 90.

2007 Vietti Castiglione Barolo. View is one of my favorites; unfortunately, only the Castiglione has not skyrocketed in price. The ’07 is light but flavorful, as are a number of the ’07 Barolos. The Vietti will age well. For now, it pairs well with Lucie’s minestrone because the flavors in the wine are already pronounced. s 89+.

2007 Cascina Bongiovanni Barolo Pernanno. This Barolo has darker fruit and more tannin than the Vietti. I find it clunky after the Vietti, but it is certainly good. s 88.

After dinner we drank

1999 Panther Creek Reserve Pinot Noir. Although mature, this OR PN still has upside potential. Dusty style. Otherwise non distinctive but very tasty. s 89+.

Happy Thanksgiving to BWEers everywhere.
AKR

Re: Thanksgiving 2015, Day 3

Post by AKR »

Weirdly I think I had that Parusso a few years ago, but no distinct memories of it.