Pulling a BD

Tom In DC

Pulling a BD

Post by Tom In DC »

Home alone this weekend. Busy day, decided to grill a steak. Pop and pour on a 2010 Chasse-Spleen.
Tom In DC

Re: Pulling a BD

Post by Tom In DC »

Pretty tight at first (I know, shocking for a five year old Bordeaux!) but a lot of stuffing and grip for its place in the hierarchy.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Tom,

I will follow your lead later today.

Wife is out all day at church activities. Not my thing.

So, I will eat an andouillette (chitterling sausage) for lunch, accompanied by a half bottle of wine all on my lonesome.
I love andouillettes, but it is true that more sensitive souls find the smell repulsive.
So, I tend to cook them when the wife's away.

The wine?
2011 Château de la Grave, Côtes de Bourg.
Before you pooh-pooh this choice, this wine is a poster child for good value Bordeaux.
I'll report on this same thread after lunch :-).

Best regards,
Alex R.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Hi,

Lunch was good, but wine not up to my expectations.
Must be the vintage... I've also been more used to drinking their special cuvées, which are still reasonably priced.
Oh well...

AR
AKR

Post by AKR »

I put a magnum of that 2010 Chasse Spleen down for the kids. Only one, so hopefully they won't squabble.

A bottle of the 2000 opened over the summer was singing. One of the happiest surprises of the year.

Nice to hear about these wines.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I thought the 2000 Chasse Spleen was excellent. I recently found I have a couple of bottles of the 2003. Don't recall trying it but I probably did.
AKR

Post by AKR »

TominDC - when do you usually drink your red bdx? I seem to remember you were on the far end of the maturity curve, no? Maybe I'm confusing with someone else.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

AlohaArtakaHoundsong wrote:I thought the 2000 Chasse Spleen was excellent. I recently found I have a couple of bottles of the 2003. Don't recall trying it but I probably did.
I went to Ch. Gruaud-Larose in Nov 2011, the night after a big party there hosted by the owner and there was quite a few leftovers. Among them and absolutely delicious double mag of Chasse-Spleen 2000.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Arv, your memory is just fine. This is very atypical How-ish behavior for Tom. But it won't really be "pulling a BD" unless he drinks through the rest of the case, now that it's open, before the end of the year.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

LOL! "Pulling a BD" is opening one, DavidG - going through the whole case in short order is more along the lines of channeling the BD.
stefan

Post by stefan »

I cannot bring myself to open a 2010 Bordeaux now. But maybe a 2010 Brunello....