Dec 23rd

Nicklasss

Dec 23rd

Post by Nicklasss »

Dinner with my brother, where we opened 3 wines:

2013 Rully Bouchard Père et Fils: white Bourgogne from the Côte Chalonnaise. Very lemony, flowery, with a good core of mineral. I thought that was just the perfect opener. Good acidity, a bit like the best Mâcon. Tn: 88.

2011 Côte Rôtie Coteau de Tupin Jean-Michel Stephan: a great wine, full of violet flowers, rasberries, red berries, beets, mineral, smoke, earth, black licorice, incense. It is perfectly balanced and don't let you indifferent. Great complex mouth, with lot of elegance, tannins and length. Tn: 93-94.

2012 Chambolle-Musigny Hudelot-Noellat: clearer color, little red fruits nose (strawberries, sweet red cherries) with also soil and soft spices. Still young. Lighter mouth that the Northern Rhône wine, but still very long on balanced oak-fruit-terroir. Give this more time, to develop more complexity. Tn: 89+.

2008 Doro : sweet wine from Venetia. Only 9.5% alcohol, good acidity that keep it light, but also denser attack and nose with apricots, mango, pinneapple, light Brown sugar molasse, and ginger bread spices. A real treat that goesgoes down In no time. Change from Sauternes, and no shy either. Tn: 92.

Merry Christmas.

Nic
AlexR

Re: Dec 23rd

Post by AlexR »

Hi Nic,

Merry Christmas to you and the family.

The Côte Rôtie sounds wonderful. Don't know that Producer.
I love CR because it's a great wine that shows well even when quite young, altgough it will age for years.

All the best,
Alex
Nicklasss

Re: Dec 23rd

Post by Nicklasss »

Joyeux Noël Alex, et à toute la famille.

Pour le réveillon: Champagne Jacquart Brut Mosaïque (très bien), Mouton Cadet blanc 2013 (léger mais passe bien avec la nourriture riche dégustée en milieu de nuit) et Chateau d'Armajan les Ormes 2009 (Sauternes bien fait, pas le plus liquoreux, mais bonne complexité et bon botrytis).

Pour le souper de ce soir, encore pris de décision finale, pour accompagner la dinde.

Nic