Christmas 2015 in Maine

JimHow

Christmas 2015 in Maine

Post by JimHow »

Another year, it's great to be here, it's great to be anywhere.
Warm, warm temps, makes you uncomfortable for the future of the species but in the moment I'm not complaining, I hate Maine snow with every inch of my soul.
We had a very nice gathering at the home of my brother Tom and sister-in-law Barbara, I brought a 2007 Brunello Castelgiacondo Marchesi de Frescobaldi, 2012 St. Innocent Justice Vineyard, 2010 Cantemerle, 2005 d'Angerville Volnay Premier Cru, 2003 Pontet Canet, and a 2003 Lafon Rochet.
Each of the wines was true to form, that 2003 Pontet Canet is absolutely brilliant, so delicious with the tenderloin loaf.
I got a beautiful dark green and blue L.L. Bean flannel shirt, a nice corkscrew, a couple bottles of wine (one from Sonoma, where Tom and Barbara visited last spring, the other a Ruffino Chianti), a package of New England Patriots napkins, and a picture of my niece and nephew, Anna and Jack, with their dog. Oh and a scarf too, and a gift certificate to a Lisbon Street place where I have lunch.
We finished with a late night fireworks display in the back yard, I was lighting M-80s while my brother Tom was blasting the big boys up into the night sky.
Looking forward to the year ahead.
Another Christmas holiday come and gone! :o
Happy holidays, peace and health to all BWEers around the good planet Earth!
Attachments
IMG_6756.JPG
IMG_6756.JPG (93.77 KiB) Viewed 682 times
AlexR

Re: Christmas 2015 in Maine

Post by AlexR »

Looks good. Izak Litwar (Lafleur) has a great deal of good to say about 2003 Pontet Canet and I enjoyed it when I visited the château with him.
I have a bottle in the cellar.

I take advantage of this post to wish you and all other BWEers a wonderful New Year.
I will be leaving on Wednesday for a week in Milan, Parma, and Modena concentrating more on gastronomy than wine.

All the best,
Alex
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Great Christmas time to you BD.

Was that 2010 Chateau Cantemerle, as good as your last bottle? Is it still a strong contestant for BWE WOTY?

Nic
stefan

Post by stefan »

I hope that your relatives appreciated your generosity, Jim. Happy New Year!
AKR

Post by AKR »

Very nice. That (missing) Maine snow can make for some good skiing at Sugarloaf or Sunday River though!
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Nice line up Jim. This was the first green Christmas that I can remember in Ottawa in the 24 years that we've been here. Would have loved to golf on Christmas day(just to say I did it) but being on call put a damper on ANY plans this year.

We're now at my brother Larry's through the New year and started off with the 2003 du Tertre which as solid as ever. Great drink and was head and shoulders over the Caymus 2012 40th anniversary edition. Wow what a concocted wine that was. Candied fruit,hi alc 14.6% and felt like sucking on an oaksicle!! Not my style. We'll have the 2003 Pontet Canet on New Years eve and 03|04 Sociando Mallet at my younger brothers tomorrow. Looking forward to a good visit and especially with the arrival of the cold weather with snow falling it now feels like the holidays!

Happy New Year to everyone and welcome 2016.
Danny