100 % Bordeaux weekend

Nicklasss

100 % Bordeaux weekend

Post by Nicklasss »

It did not happened since a long time. Only red Bordeaux this weekend, was open at my place. I thought that in 2015, I did not drink enough Bordeaux so, I'll try to open one bottle of Bordeaux every week. Since beginning of 2016, this is still true.

After the 2009 Chateau Fontenil, I opened a 2012 Chateau Tour Blanche Médoc, from Magrez, 85 % merlot, and cab sauvignon. I liked it very much, even if a lighther vintage style of Médoc, but very genuine to red black fruit, earthy mineral, blackcurrants. Light tannins, freshness, length ok, drink easily, what to mot like. Tn: 87.
Tonight, the 2011 Chateau de Cruzeau is slightly more roasted, but also with medium light fruit, and spices on the nose. Good mouth, good red and dark berries, green tobacco, light oak, not powerfull guessing it is characteristic from 2011, but not missing any ripeness, light taste of meat, short smoky finish. Also convenient and for the low price, an excellent wine. Tn: 87.

These two last wines are easy, convenient, but also having all the little Chateau red Bordeaux character. Drink well, without too much analysis, an enjoyable moment. Life (and wineloving) doesn't need to be too complicated.

Nic
stefan

Re: 100 % Bordeaux weekend

Post by stefan »

Great, Nic! Our weekend was also all Bordeaux; the first weekend like that for a long time.
JimHow

Re: 100 % Bordeaux weekend

Post by JimHow »

See you in three weeks, Nic, we'll drink a Bordeaux or two!