TN: 05 Lanessan [Haut Medoc]

AKR

TN: 05 Lanessan [Haut Medoc]

Post by AKR »

05 Lanessan [Haut Medoc] Served cold, just popped and poured. Very tight, and tannic. Should have been decanted and served properly. 13% abv. For drinking today, I much prefer the 2000, or even the easier 2003. This seems to need more time in the cellar, or breathing in the decanter. Earthy, woody, masculine. The fruit is still hiding in my example but the bottle was drunk most expeditiously, under an hour or two. Pressed into service as a pre-prandial quaffer, but not suited for that role. It's too severe, austere for that. For now, I'll leave the rest of the case alone, and drink older years. The final glass left on the table shows a hit of red fruit after a few hours. Not good conditions for consuming this; I'm not concerned. This example is a B.
Roel

Re: TN: 05 Lanessan [Haut Medoc]

Post by Roel »

Thanks for this update. Was hesitating to open one last week that exactly would have had the same purpose; an ad-hoc replacement with not much time to breathe. I know Lanessan ain't a charmer when young and 10 years apparently still is too young for this estate. Going to keep my bottles cellared for 5 years or so.