rosé time

Nicklasss

rosé time

Post by Nicklasss »

I'm so busy at work (many projects) and at home (simone) that i barely come here, once every week. This is sad as I feel like I'm not valuating BWE as much as in the past. I remember the time i would spend a few hours per week, and enjoying more reading the post and posting myself. right now, I have the impression it will be like the actual situation, until my retirement...

Lately, i drank few bottles of wines of interest :

2008 Chateau d'Aqueria Tavel Rosé : Actually, this was quite good for a rosé. Not a little appetizer wine. good dark pink color. Aromas of peaches, flowers, fruits. Good body in mouth, enjoy a chicken meal with it and it was great. TN : 89.

2008 Rosé de Malartic Bordeaux : Well, this is less complex than the first one, but I would say more enjoyable. Dark rosé color. Aromas of strawberries, rasberries, herbs, maybe mint? In mouth, medium body, good fruit and medium finish. Quite good. TN : 89.

2001 Chateau de Belcier Côtes de Castillon : In my search of affordable good red Bordeaux, i bought a bottle of this. Texbook 20 $ Bordeaux Merlot. Color was dark, but with some brown at the rim. Nose is medium with all the clay Merlot mix, minerals, dark berries, wet earth, brown sugar. Mouth is medium weight too, good core of dark berry fruits, not over yet, good tannins, touch of sweet oak left. Spices too. Really good. TN : 89. Proved that 2001 was good to excelelnt on the Right Bank.

2006 Domaine Huet : A second bottle in a short time, again with crab. Delicious. I'm impressed how that wine is pure Chenin and good. Minerlas, light bitterness, good concentration of fruits and flowers, light acidity, coating at the same time. No oak. Damn, that's good. TN : 91-92.

2007 Trio Merlot-carmenere-Cabernet Sauvignon concha y Toro : Well, even if Merlot dominates, this is more like an Australian jammy type of wine than what chile ususally produce. Dark color purple with purple rim. Nose of oak, concentrated fruit, chocolate, plums and more plums. In mouth, never as balanced as the Belcier. Concentrated style, finish is bit heavy (14% alcohol) with high tannins and oak. not overdone but simply no funny to drink. Of course, what is impressive with that wine, it is how concentrated it is for 15 $... TN : 84.

Nic
Jay Winton

Re: rosé time

Post by Jay Winton »

very timely post Nic. Another one I've been enjoying (on second case) is from Spain 2007 Campellares "Rosado," Rioja, Spain. A delicious crisp rose for the wonderful price of $6.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Nice post, Nic. Life happens, you find a new balance. There will be busy times and less busy times. It's nice to know you can come here and get more involved whenever time allows, and it will be like nothing has changed.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

BWE is a sanctuary, where people can come and go as they please and check in on old friends on their own schedule.

I've been busy the past three weeks or so, dealing with trials and a wisdom tooth from the depths of hell.

But BWE is still here, like a warm blanket on a cold Maine winter night....
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

JIm, I hope your tooth feels better. Are you on pain meds?

Be glad you're not on a deserted island with no more sophisticated dental instrumentation than an ice skate and no personal support beyond a volleyball named Wilson...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ha ha David, that was a great scene.
I was in agony for three weeks, then the last five days or so I was ready to die I was in so much pain.
Finally I was ready to go into a court hearing and I called my dentist and I said you gotta get me into the oral surgeon... now!
They got me in, the tooth was pulled... there was a hole in the tooth under the gum the size of Rhode Island... but I've been in bliss ever since....
Man, was I in pain. No escape....
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

After I got it pulled I felt so good I went back to the office to meet with a bankruptcy client. I told him about my tooth and he told me how he was so poor that he pulled a non-wisdom-tooth out by himself with pliars....

It's a harsh world....