great job, marcs….

JimHow

great job, marcs….

Post by JimHow »

I watched the whole program, Marcus, great job! Very interesting discussion.

If anyone wants to watch fellow BWEer Marcus Stanley on C-SPAN, here is the link:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?405828-4/w ... paign-2016
stefan

Re: great job, marcs….

Post by stefan »

+1
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

+1. Marcs, I look forward to meeting you at the BWE gathering.

Thanks for the link, Jim.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Thanks!

My main reaction upon watching it: holy crap, I need to lose weight and also get a better fitting suit/shirt.

I have gained like 20-25 pounds since moving to DC, it is an extremely sedentary city. The wine doesn't help of course.

Some of the callers were great. The woman who called and lost her house was really sad. I should have been tougher on a couple of things, especially the 'nobody going to jail' issues. This is a country where you run the risk of getting shot by the cops for stealing a six-pack from a convenience store, but robbery on a historic, colossal scale went totally unpunished in terms of individuals. Still incredible to me that you can get $250 billion in fines on banks without a single executive going to jail. Somehow somebody committed $250 billion worth of crimes, but WHO? Who could it have been? Must have been the bank stockholders I guess, because they're the only ones who were affected.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Nice job. Seeing video of one's self is always strange, I think. Looking forward to meeting you in DC too.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ha I really thought it was a great interview, I'm not just saying that because you're a BWEer. You took some pretty complicated issues and concisely explained them in ways that were easy to follow by the lay person, which is a real talent. I've done many TV interviews and I'm always alarmed that the camera makes me look 20 pounds heavier. I've lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the year, another 10 to go.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Thanks for posting the link. Didn't have a chance to see it live but watched over lunch. Really well done, Marcus.