The man they call Winona Chief

JimHow

The man they call Winona Chief

Post by JimHow »

So what can I say about the Winona Chief. He came to my house this past summer with Tom and Gail, bringing, among other things, gifts of 1982 Gruaud Larose (100 points) and 2011 d'Yquem (99 points), the latter a wine that BWE tasted at the estate in May 2015. He's from Minnesota originally, I'm pretty sure, so you know he's of very solid stock. He's a former government worker, his wife Marjorie is right in the thick of things there at the top levels of government in the Beltway. He's about as generous as they come when it comes to BWE events, and he has it completely down in organizing the always-exciting Thursday night dinners in DC at Ripple restaurant. He is the man! As good as BWE produces. He "gets it." It was to Chris that the guy on the floor of MacArthur's was telling us about the stash of 2002s they had just put on the floor. Chris and I were educating some restaurant patrons outside of our back room on Saturday night on the glories of Bordeaux and Sauternes. Thank you Chris "Winona Chief" Bublitz for all of your quiet efforts in making BWE such a continuing success year after year!

BD
Blanquito

Re: The man they call Winona Chief

Post by Blanquito »

I couldn't agree more. Let's keep meeting up when you are in Colorado, Chris.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

Thanks for the kind words. BWE is great group of people. There are many members that make important contributions.

Chris Bublitz
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Chris has always been a BWE stalwart over the years contributing great wines to memorable events. He is the quiet achiever. Bit like the Charlie Watts of BWE.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Lol. Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the Keefs, Micks, and Ronnie Woods as well….