Italian wines going down the path of Bordeaux

Chateau Vin

Italian wines going down the path of Bordeaux

Post by Chateau Vin »

Looks like barolos and brunellos are headed the same way as Bordeaux in terms of pricing (which are already there half way...) :evil: :evil: Seems like price coronation will be hastened with this new gig... :roll: :roll:

http://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2016/04/ ... h-in-china
RDD

Re: Italian wines going down the path of Bordeaux

Post by RDD »

China has huge buying power I guess.
Maybe they are learning to flex their economic muscle.

Remember if you one in a million, in China there are a thousand people just like you.
AKR

Post by AKR »

The Chinese sell foreigners fraud stocks, and foreigners trade them fake wine.
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Bordeaux is the biggest region for fine wines by far so sets the market prices. Small actors took time to notice but are catching up. That's what you always observe in markets.
Whether one considers Bordeaux overreached or not is irrelevant, the small fine wine regions follow through (in the case of Burgundy go well ahead...). Impact on demand not always clear becaause of lack of transparency ref sales and presence of speculation... but already here
stefan

Post by stefan »

This is one of the reasons that I have been buying a lot of Italian wines lately. I expect Bdx prices to fall because the Chinese are buying less; then I'll go back to buying Bdx.
AKR

Post by AKR »

We'll see if the Italian wines that are not in the elite rungs hold or grow their value. I have not confirmed it myself, but have read that some auction houses will not accept sales consisting solely of Brunello. Too hard to sell, too many arguments with the clients. Again that's just hearsay, so could be totally wrong.