2001 Priuré Lichine

AlexR

2001 Priuré Lichine

Post by AlexR »

Izak Litwar ("Lafleur") was in town for the en primeur tastings and we shared dinner last night with an American couple.

We first had 2 unremarkable crus bourgeois served with the label showing, followed by a mystery wine with the cheese.
This latter was 2001 Prieuré Lichine.
This château rarely gets much media attention, but I have almost always found it dependable and better than a couple of other cru classé Margaux I could mention…

In any event the wine was quite enjoyable last night. It looked as it ought to for its age and the nose was lovely: subtle, with cassis and – especially – pencil shaving aromas.
In short, it had the nose of a good St. Juilien or Pauillac, but was more svelte and delicate on the palate. At first I thought this wine was smack in the middle of its drinking window, but Izak disagreed and I rallied to his point of view. In any event, this was a pleasurable wine, elegant and Médoc to its fingertips. Good value for money.

Alex R.
Attachments
20160414_080746[1].jpg
20160414_080746[1].jpg (3.61 MiB) Viewed 249 times
DavidG

Re: 2001 Priuré Lichine

Post by DavidG »

Well the picture is certainly one of a BIG wine!
JimHow

Re: 2001 Priuré Lichine

Post by JimHow »

i know, we gotta figure something out on this picture situation. Now that PhilR has abandoned us I'm going to work on getting Brendan Martin, through Blanquito, to help us with some of this technical stuff. Maybe it is time for another BWE upgrade.