1986 Angelus

dstgolf

1986 Angelus

Post by dstgolf »

Maybe Stuart new something that I didn't last Saturday not opening the bottle. Clairvoyant...maybe. This should have been better than it was for our 30th anniversary year wine. Mildly corked unfortunately but still enjoyable through the corkiness. Nice smooth resolved tannins and trying to show its pedigree but still was hampered by the cork taint. What a disappointment for out last dinner over looking the ocean in South Florida. Location and meal up to par but the bottle let us down!! Wow what perfect weather we've had down here these two weeks and sad to be going back home today back to the colder north. Consolation is golf season should start next weekend if all goes well and a little work might be in order to help pay for some of the bills.
Danny
DavidG

Re: 1986 Angelus

Post by DavidG »

Happy Anniversary Danny! Sorry to hear your Angelus disappointed, but 30 years of memories has got to make up for that and then some. Wishing you many more happy years.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Thanks David. If I remember correctly you have a soft spot for Angelus. No question 30 years later and still running strong more than makes up for a sub par bottle of wine.
Danny
stefan

Post by stefan »

Too bad about the Angelus, but you and Danielle drank pretty well in Florida!

Lucie and I got on the course today for the first time in six months. We did not hit the ball so badly for being completely out of practice, but four three putts in 16 holes when we were scrambling gave me heartburn.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Happy anniversary to my favorite canadians BWE! Sorry for Angélus but when you're enjoying a great moment with your wife, at the end, the wine become secondary, or even fourth!

Looking forward to see you soon, might go to Ottawa this summer.

Nic
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Indeed, we need to do a Canada event this summer.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

The doors are open. Need to look at a date,
Danny