Sokolin on 2015 Bordeaux

jckba

Sokolin on 2015 Bordeaux

Post by jckba »

I just received the inserted below email from Sokolin and figured it was worth sharing their bullet points, for the full post refer to the included link at the bottom.

2015 Bordeaux En Primeur: Five Things Every Buyer Should Know

A few weeks ago, our procurement team visited the best chateaux in Bordeaux to taste the exciting 2015 vintage. So far, we've seen a few minor releases, and we expect the campaign to shift gears once The Wine Advocate publishes its reviews this week. In the meantime, we'd like to share with you five things every buyer should know.

1. After tasting through numerous wines, we believe that the vintage overall falls somewhere between very good and outstanding.

2. The 2015 vintage is proving to be an especially good year for Right Bank producers.

3. On the Left Bank, the best wines were sprinkled across multiple appellations.

4. Prices are generally expected to be between 10% and 15% higher than the 2014 vintage.

5. We feel demand for the 2015 Bordeaux vintage has the potential to be much stronger than the last four vintages.

*Click here to read the full article and get ready for an exciting en primeur campaign!
http://www.sokolin.com/sokolin-blogs/20 ... hould-Know
jckba

Re: Sokolin on 2015 Bordeaux

Post by jckba »

While the hype or praise for Bdx 2015 is nothing new, point 4 regarding pricing is what caught my attention. I guess we shall soon see ...
JimHow

Re: Sokolin on 2015 Bordeaux

Post by JimHow »

"..somewhere between very good and outstanding" is what stood out to me. I was expecting outstanding-plus….