2010 Chateau Lagarette cuvée Cyrus

Nicklasss

2010 Chateau Lagarette cuvée Cyrus

Post by Nicklasss »

A Côtes de Bordeaux, made under the biodynamie concepts, from 100 % cabernet franc. Kind of atypical, but surely interesting.

A nice cherry red color just a bit foggy. Medium nose of confit cherries, candy gelly rasberries, currants, light cinnamon and ripe dark red apples. In mouth, seductive, not very intense, sweet red berries, light tannins, light bitterness and sweet tobacco on the final, with something vegetal and earthy. Probably the opposite of some dark concentrated oaky great vintage Bordeaux, but drinks nicely and even cool. Tn: 85-86.

I want to say you need to taste a wine like that, just to figure out. Of course, this is not the 2010 Tour Carnet or Cantemerle or Pichon Baron, not the same terroir, but it is a curiosity well made from a lesser known terroir from Bordeaux.

Nic
AKR

Re: 2010 Chateau Lagarette cuvée Cyrus

Post by AKR »

All cabernet franc? that is very rare/strange.

I cannot think of an estate with a cepage like that.

Carmes Haut Brion was one of the higher CF allocations in typical vintages at I think 30-40%.
Nicklasss

Re: 2010 Chateau Lagarette cuvée Cyrus

Post by Nicklasss »

Yes, 100 % cab franc is not common. It is like anothrt Bordeaux I had not so long ago, the 2005 Chateau des Annereaux, a Bordeaux supérieur with 20 % petit verdot... Dark licorice and ashes beverage!

Nic