white burgundy: what is the scoop on 2014?

JimHow

white burgundy: what is the scoop on 2014?

Post by JimHow »

stefan

Re: white burgundy: what is the scoop on 2014?

Post by stefan »

I dunno anything about the 2014, but it is safe to say that they are too expensive. Unfortunately, there is no substitute for white Burgundy for my taste.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Very good year for whites especially Chablis. Reds are more mixed. Choose carefully.
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Indeed very good year for whites. Bought some PYCM (Colin Morey) for the long haul as he does not seem to have much premox but also a few bottles of Fontaine Gagnard Batard (premox prone), Fichet and B Moreau.
Reds did not seem to be long keepers at primeur tasting but usual suspects seem to have performed. I am reducing purchase because age is catching up.
Some people are getting very excited about 2015 reds...
Comte, you do not seem to post on your blog anymore (since November 2015). Stopped drinking?
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

I haven't had time Antoine - so much going on...looking forward to seeing you on Saturday...

I haven't bought any whites yet but I will rectify that soon and I bought some Francois Bertheau Chambolle 1er Cru and Stephane Magnien Clos St-Denis which both showed very nicely at the Stannary EP tasting back in January.