2009 Lanessan

DavidG

2009 Lanessan

Post by DavidG »

Another candidate for Howing but this wine doesn't need any affirmative action to compensate for its youth. It's drinking quite well already. Dark red to rim, dark fruits, cassis, earth and pencil shavings, open-knit and giving with good structure and soft tannins, medium body, medium finish. Drinking very well, might improve, very good-excellent now and excellent QPR at $19. About 1/3 of it went into a marinade for some grilled lamb chops. It was a great match. Peggy and I had no trouble draining the rest of the bottle.
dstgolf

Re: 2009 Lanessan

Post by dstgolf »

Good to Know David. I'm sitting on the 2009 and maybe time to pop a 2005. I thought these were late tannic bloomers?
Danny
AKR

Post by AKR »

Thanks for the update. I really liked it too.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Danny, I think the '09 is showing the early drinking attributes characteristic of the vintage. You know I like them with age, and this has no signs of mature complexity, but it's not shut down at all. It was probably open about 60-90 minutes before we started drinking it. I see no harm in holding it 10 years either, but drinking it now won't leave you with a dry puckered mouth or a furry tongue.