TN 2000 Clos Rene, Pomerol

AlohaArtakaHoundsong

TN 2000 Clos Rene, Pomerol

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

2000 may well be an overhyped vintage. I can recall the hype, especially Parker being on 60 minutes (which I never saw). I can't say I've had too many 2000s however that taste overrated. Possibly some left bank wines have been in an ornery phase and we've grown accustomed to the lushing-up of Bordeaux in the past decade. Recall the recent posting of a 2015 vintage report stating that vintages prior to the past decade seem "rustic" in comparison to "modern" (ha ha) vintages. Anyway I would like to more of this Pomerol even if it is from antiquity and the less-reputed, sandy side of the plateau. I've probably consumed five if not all six of the bottles I purchased and each has been a winner, starting with an early, juicy, acidic fruitiness on release. This one particularly so as it seems perfectly matured, strong wine. This did not seem weak, frail or ungainly even as it followed on consecutive nights two massive, lush 2009s (Chs. Saint Paul and Capbern Gasqueton). Nice and winey with some coffee ice cream and walnutty flavors. Good scale but not heavy and with still a fine edge to it. Would love to have a few more of these, suspended just at this point of development.
AKR

Re: TN 2000 Clos Rene, Pomerol

Post by AKR »

I've got some old ones I'm waiting to pull with BWE'ers.
winodiver

Re: TN 2000 Clos Rene, Pomerol

Post by winodiver »

The 1998 was no slouch either, although I haven't had it for a while. Still have a few somewhere.