TN 1998 Ch. Les Trois Croix, Fronsac

AlohaArtakaHoundsong

TN 1998 Ch. Les Trois Croix, Fronsac

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Drinking very well. Showing full maturity, medium body, dull color leaning towards brick instead of purple. Medium weight, nice balance, still some sweetness and acidity and lightly "rustic" tannin. Last of two or three bottles, forgot I had it before making the Hawaii selection. Earlier bottles weren't impressive by modern standards; they were too reserved/backward.
AKR

Re: TN 1998 Ch. Les Trois Croix, Fronsac

Post by AKR »

AlohaArtakaHoundsong wrote:Drinking very well. Showing full maturity, medium body, dull color leaning towards brick instead of purple. Medium weight, nice balance, still some sweetness and acidity and lightly "rustic" tannin. Last of two or three bottles, forgot I had it before making the Hawaii selection. Earlier bottles weren't impressive by modern standards; they were too reserved/backward.
It's amazing that some of those 98 RBs still show tannic grip even today.

It sounds like some of these 15's might have a smidge of that density too, if Jeff Leve and other critics are to be believed.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

The 2015 is supposed to be good.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Not much grip to this really, more like the gritty detritus of final surrender. But nice aged claret. I found that the case in several lesser '98s. Then what I would regard as mid-shelf bottles have finally loosened grip but are still strongly vital. Can't comment on any big guns.