2007 Léoville Barton

Rudi Finkler

2007 Léoville Barton

Post by Rudi Finkler »

Open and decanted for two hours last night. This stunning wine offers lots of finesse and complexity, as well as extraordinary purity,and classic minerality along with super delicate fruit. Even violets on the nose, leather on the palate, and a hint of coffee and dark chocolate on the lingering mineral finish. All this perfect balanced with good acidity and lush, sweet tannins. 13% vol alcohol. The finest 2007 I had so far...
Last edited by Rudi Finkler on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comte Flaneur

Re: 2007 Léoville Barton

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Thanks for the note Rudi.Leoville-Barton made fabulous wine in every vintage in the 2000s with the exception of 2003 IMHO, but others would disagree on that.

My mother asked me to but a good case of wine for her financial adviser who has done well by her over many years.

I will choose Leoville -Barton 2001, because it is ready to drink and represents astonishingly good value for money. I will pick up a case of the astonishingly good 2004 while I am there (I already own the 2001).
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I did not had or bought Chateau Léoville Barton often, but it is my mistake. But I have high expectation on the 2008 I bought, since Comte Flaneur liked it so much.

Looking at it coldly, all Léoville seem to rarely deceive.

Nic
Rudi Finkler

Post by Rudi Finkler »

For me, with its splendid minerality and elegance, Léoville Barton is a bulwark against the modern Bordeaux madness and since about three decades a safe bank especially in "weaker" vintages.
I remember well that I bought cases and cases of their delicious 1987. 23 Mark/bottle at that time. The best "daily quaffer" I ever had. :)