More Recent Tastes

RPCV

More Recent Tastes

Post by RPCV »

2005 Vielle Cure

Second half of a case and this wine is hitting full stride. I am not sure I would serve this to traditional Bordeaux enthusiasts, but it is very well made and drinking beautifully. A steal @ $22 per.

1995 Pichon Lalande

Now, this is classic Bordeaux. Seamless with fully integrated fruit, tannins and acid. Elegant and understated..pure class.

2013 Nigl Gruner Seftenberger Piri

Nigel hit it out of the park in this vintage...long over due IMO as the last vintage I went long was '99. White pepper. mineral-tinged fruit and a long finish. Screw cap....keeping a half dozen for aging. A gruner for the gruner lover.

2014 Chidaine Montlouis Breuil

For those that love Chenin Blanc, this wine is one to buy along with the stablemate "Choiselles". Super wine making on display that is matched to the vintage character.

2012 Cape Mentelle Cabernet

It has been a while since I tasted an Aussie red wine. This is good, well made wine that possess a nice herbal quality reminiscent of Cab Franc. However, for the same money, I am buying '12 Haut Bailly.
AKR

Re: More Recent Tastes

Post by AKR »

its always interesting to see what enthusiasts might say about something like La Vielle Cure, if it was served blind.
RPCV

Re: More Recent Tastes

Post by RPCV »

Indeed. I seem to recall a blind taste of Reignac against a few more prestigious estates where the results were intriguing. The '05 Vielle Cure is well made and drinking beautifully....just wish I had purchased two cases instead of one.