TN: 2010 Château Barde-Haut (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru)

jal

TN: 2010 Château Barde-Haut (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru)

Post by jal »

• 2010 Château Barde-Haut - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (8/2/2016)
    nose of earth and black fruits, dark, very dark color, on the palate it's old school chewy with good acidity, good length and depth. Layered with a long finish. Will last years, and nowhere near its peak but why resist? It's totally delicious. (93 pts.)
Best

Jacques
Blanquito

Re: TN: 2010 Château Barde-Haut (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru)

Post by Blanquito »

Wow.

Serious praise.

If both you and Jim are endorsing this Chateau, consider me convinced.
jal

Re: TN: 2010 Château Barde-Haut (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru)

Post by jal »

Know what, Patrick? I think I like it even more than the 2010 Cantemerle. I rated them both the same, but for me this wine has even more depth.
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Barde Haut is on a serious roll.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Very interesting. Thanks Jal. Would you say that your ratings are influenced by the sun of Florida? Seems to me you're more generous than when you were in the Big Apple! :-)

Nic
jal

Post by jal »

I don't think so, Nic. I may be more generous with Bordeaux wines, since I have been drinking mainly whites, roses, and burgundy the last few weeks. So when I drink a Bordeaux, it immediately tastes great.
Best

Jacques
AKR

Post by AKR »

Blanquito wrote:Wow.

Serious praise.

If both you and Jim are endorsing this Chateau, consider me convinced.
I'm a fan of B-H too, although haven't had the 2010 yet.

2012 is very nice though!