A rosé and a CdP

Nicklasss

A rosé and a CdP

Post by Nicklasss »

Appetizer was the 2014 Bruno Clair Marsannay rosé, that was quite nice. Light pink, light red berries and flowers aromas, with also something sligthly empyreumatic. Mouth is tasty, thick, red berries, rasberries, some vegetal. Medium long, with flowery finish. Great. Tn: 89-90.

With the 55 days aged New-York steak 20 oz, cook on the charcoal, a 2006 Chateau de Beaucastel that went very well. I did not liked that wine 6-7 years ago, but with 10 years of age, a perfect time. Dark red, complex nose of prunes, black berries, anis, camphor, leather, romarin, smoke, licorice, very nice nose. In mouth, a nice complex attack like the nose, dominated by dark red berries, blackberries, old leather flavors. Strong final on licorice, with good acidity and light abundant tannins. Light heat from alcohol, but nothing intrusive. Prunes. Decent length. Nice with the meat and not that heavy so drink well by itself too. Tn: 92.
DavidG

Re: A rosé and a CdP

Post by DavidG »

Thanks for the note on the 2006 Beaucastel Nic. One of the longest-lived CdP, I find they typically need 10 years to start drinking well. Sounds like this one is ready to go. I may open one soon but am still working on my 1995-2000s.
Nicklasss

Re: A rosé and a CdP

Post by Nicklasss »

We have hard head, don't want to listen, want to experience, but you're right David, Beaucastel needs 10 years.

It is amazing how i dislike (or was let down) by that same wine 6 years ago... And now, BAM, an excellent Chateauneuf, with strong mourvedre character.

Nic