A very good rosé and my fav Beaujolais this year

Nicklasss

A very good rosé and my fav Beaujolais this year

Post by Nicklasss »

Yesterday, parents and inlaws came for swimming in the pool in the afternoon, and we kept them for dinner.

The 2014 Terre Rouge Vin Gris d'Amador Sierra Foothills was a ver good rosé. Fresh Coho salmon pink color, nose was very fragrant with flowers, red berries, rasberries, onion peel, herbs and nice spicy notes. In mouth, dry but with the light lush of the grenache, mixed with low acidity/fat of grenache blanc, roussane and viognier. Some body too, from the mourvedre. Flavor of strawberries, dark red berries, with that balanced mi-palate on flowers and spices. Good final, rich, with good acidity too. Well done. Maybe a bit expensive, but as a no fault rosé, we forget it rapidly. Tn: 90.

With dinner, the lone bottle of the 2014 Chiroubles from Christophe Pacalet went down quickly, like always. A dark wine with strong fruity gamay aromas, of dark red berries, grape, violet flowers and minerals. The wine is the same in mouth, just with the right presence, thick but quaffable at the same time, attack being fruity but final like granite rock liquor. Great personality. Tn: 90.

Nic
Last edited by Nicklasss on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claret

Re: A very good rosé and my fav Beaujolais this year

Post by Claret »

Bill Easton at Terre Rouge makes some good wines. It is interesting to see a Sierra Foothills wine in Quebec.

My favorite Rose this year is 2014 Cune Tempranillo.
Glenn
Claret

Post by Claret »

Last edited by Claret on Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn
AKR

Post by AKR »

How surprising to read about our local wines, so far away.

My neighbor is a big enthusiast for those, but I'm a little more circumspect.

To me they are like French country wines, at 2x-3x the price.