Au Bon Climat Pinot and 2010 du Tertre

Nicklasss

Au Bon Climat Pinot and 2010 du Tertre

Post by Nicklasss »

Yesterday, invited at some friend's place for afternoon/evening party, i brought a few bottles to enjoy.

2014 Vin Gris de Cigare Bonny Doon: a light rosé color, with light nose of candy, white flowers (tilleul), strawberries and red berries. In mouth, very dry, but good flavors of red currants, flowers, and herbs. Very deçent. Tn: 87.

2014 Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara Pinot Noir: my first wine from that producer, that seem esteemed by many magazines. Nice medium red pinot color. Nose was very nice, not as fruity as the other pinots from California, but very fragrant on purple flowers, purple grapes, dark red berries, light spices (cardamom), herbs and something lacteous. Maybe lavander too. In mouth, the attack remind me more Côte de Beaune wines, with good red berries, wood, earth, and purple flowers flavors. Medium rich, balanced acidity, on a herbaceous, violet soap and more red berries. Light tanins. Well done. Tn: 89-90.

2010 Chateau du Tertre: dark wine. Nose is young but developped, on Margaux dark red berries, blackcurrants, spices, vanillin, leather, more dark berries and something like smoked rasberry jam. I thought the nose would be a good indicator for the mouth, but not at all. The mouth is still a very young wine, in one block, with very good concentration of berries, blackcurrants and oak. Enjoyable, but wait 7-10 more years is a good idea. Anyway, i thought it was good and promising a lot.Tn : 90+. I have some leftover from last night, I will taste back tomorrow or Tuesday.

Nic
AKR

Re: Au Bon Climat Pinot and 2010 du Tertre

Post by AKR »

ABC is popular with the AFWE crowd.
Blanquito

Re: Au Bon Climat Pinot and 2010 du Tertre

Post by Blanquito »

Just had an ABC Chardonnay that was so good for the $18 is costs. Nothing profound but true, real and satisfying.

Du Tertre has been a go-to chateau for me since the 2000 vintage. Great QPR, only the 03 seems likes miss.