TN: 00 La Fleur [St Emilion]

AKR

TN: 00 La Fleur [St Emilion]

Post by AKR »

00 La Fleur [St Emilion] 13% abv. purchased on release, double decanted, over two nights. Ruby robe, some lightening at the edges, but no fading on second night, and if anything just a shade better. Nose of cocoa, tobacco, pie spices. We had this with individual beef Wellington's (from an ancient Byerly's cookbook) which are a pain to make, but are awesome. Even the kids will eat those, as long as we leave the pate/porcini compote out of theirs. This is a medium weight, finesse St Emilion, however its quite fruity, and in some ways doesn't feel like a JP Mouiex import. I don't see this estate around that much, but its worth picking up in the good right bank years. We drank a case of the 1998 for more than a decade, and it hardly faded at all. Still I wouldn't wait any more on these. 30 seconds of red berry fruit on the palate, with more of the cinnamon flecks. In some ways its not very Bordeaux like, but I still quite like it, despite the lack of complexity. I guess I'll give it a B+, although the 1998 was bigger/better, which I've always mentally grouped into that rank too. Not a blip of tannin or sharp acid right now.
AlexR

Re: TN: 00 La Fleur [St Emilion]

Post by AlexR »

Thanks for sharing Arv.

La Fleur is owned by Dassault, one of the richest men in France (aviation, Falcon jets, etc., etc.)

The also owns GCC... Château Dassault in Saint-Emilion.

La Fleur is just over 6 hectares.

I've never had the wine, but you make me what to try it.

All the best,
Alex