Stefan et al: Seeking advice on buying 2014 St. Innocent Mom

JimHow

Stefan et al: Seeking advice on buying 2014 St. Innocent Mom

Post by JimHow »

So I checked out the St. Innocent website, it seems very user-friendly.
I don't think I need to become a wine club member, I'd just like to get more from that Momtazi vineyard in my cellar.
I got my delivery that included 5 more bottles of the 2012 today.
The 2014 vintage is available for $36 on the St. Innocent website, I'd like to start a tradition of getting a half dozen or so from each vintage, any word on the 2014 vintage. Seems I read somewhere that 2014 was a good year for pinot in California.
stefan

Re: Stefan et al: Seeking advice on buying 2014 St. Innocent Mom

Post by stefan »

The 2014 SI PN are supposed to be very good, Jim, but I think not as good as the 2012, which are outstanding. Mark says that the Temperance is the best Temperance he has ever made. I bought Momtazi, Temperance Hill, Justice, and Shea but have not tasted them yet as Mark is holding them for shipment after Thanksgiving. I did not order the Special Selection in timely fashion and am unwilling to pay $100+/bottle for them.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ok thanks, I have about 12 bottles of the 2012 Momtazi and a few bottles of the 2012 from other vineyards.
William P

Post by William P »

Jim, I would suggest becoming a member of SI wine club. They have great discounts.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yeah I need to do the math Bill, it seems like it makes sense if you buy in larger quantities and include other vineyards.
That Momtazi vineyard at $35ish hits a sweet spot for me.
stefan

Post by stefan »

My wine club price for the 2012 is $36 with a case purchase. Also, I got free shipping by buying three cases minimum. On the down side, I have to pay Texas sales tax. I could avoid that by getting the wine in Oregon, which has no sales tax, but I want the wines shipped here.

BTW: I opened a 2009 SI Momtazi to have with HEB roasted chicken tonight. It has excellent dark and sweet fruit and is very concentrated. Very good now, it will be even better for my taste in another five years.

Now I have to pick a wine to drink during the debate. Maybe a Sinfandel? If I had a Russian wine, I would open that in honor of our leader come next year. I'll see if I have a Spanish wine from the Franco era. I know I don't have an Italian from the 2nd world war period.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I like Momtazi a lot, but my favorite St. Innocents seem to be Shea followed by Seven Springs.
Claret

Post by Claret »

A recent 05 Anden was excellent.
Glenn