1992 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Vergers NIELLON

RDD

1992 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Vergers NIELLON

Post by RDD »

In the nick of time and for science, I reached in the white burgundy bin again.
Susan's whipping up some lobster pasta wiht home grown herbs and the bottle is off to the ice bath.
Will it be OK? Back in a while.
jal

Re: 1992 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Vergers NIELLON

Post by jal »

Soooo....

Let's hear, I'm salivating here.
Best

Jacques
RDD

Post by RDD »

Excellent
Niellon is the man.
Bright gold color. Floral nose. Bright acidity and the mellow hint of proper aging.
Minerals in the after taste.
You would never guess this was from 1992.

92 points.

And have a few more if anyone ever visits.

Niellon is one of my "go to" producers.
jal

Post by jal »

I love Niellon.

I prefer the Champgains to the Vergers which I find a little too acidic. These wines can age (just not the post 1995 vintages :( ).
Best

Jacques
PappaDoc

Post by PappaDoc »

Yes! Yes! Niellon 1999 Chevy Montrachet is one of the top five White Burgs I've every drank. I can taste it now and five years ago this summer was the last time I had one. Jackdaw and the rest of our Family had a 01 Champ Gain for lunch at Le Chassagne Resturaunt in the Village of Chassagne in 2005.

We visited Michel, his Wife and his Daughter after lunch. He told us we had picked his favorite on the wine list of the wines he produced on the wine list.

We were lucky his Daughter was visiting as he speaks almost no English and only Jackdaw and Amanda, Jacks Wife speak a little French. I was happy listening to what the wines had to say in his cellar. He is truly a gratious man, as well as great wine producer.

If you visit Burgundy, he cellar is a must visit. Also please go to "Le Chassagne" Resturaunt. We ate there twice in five days. It's reasonable, great food, large portions, and the Wife & Husband Owners are two star chefs. I think the Resturaunt was rated one star last year but they came from a Resturaunt in Nuit St Georges that was awarded two stars while they were in that kitchen as top Chefs.