TN: 2012 Clinton Vineyards Seyval Blanc Victory White (USA, New York, Hudson River)

tim

TN: 2012 Clinton Vineyards Seyval Blanc Victory White (USA, New York, Hudson River)

Post by tim »

• 2012 Clinton Vineyards Seyval Blanc Victory White - USA, New York, Hudson River (11/8/2016)
    A vibrant wine that has high expectations, but ends up falling just short. A worldly palate with a feminine touch, this wants to excite me, and I was totally into it as I pulled the cork. As I tasted it, I realized that it wasn't going to bring me where I wanted to go. The structure is there, as is the solid winemaking. This would have been a spectacular wine had it been allowed to show its true potential. Unfortunately it was cut short by a bitterness and a desire to go back to the old days before femininity was allow to display its greatness. I will continue to enjoy the wine, even though I know that this is the last hurrah of this bottle. It did well for the effort, unfortunately expectations were set entirely too high. (84 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
stefan

Re: TN: 2012 Clinton Vineyards Seyval Blanc Victory White (USA, New York, Hudson River)

Post by stefan »

Same experience here, Tim.
Racer Chris

Re: TN: 2012 Clinton Vineyards Seyval Blanc Victory White (USA, New York, Hudson River)

Post by Racer Chris »

There was a winery in eastern Connecticut that produced a halfway decent Seyval Blanc for many years.
I used to buy their wine in the early '80s but they've been gone for some time now.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Nicely done Tim. But I disagree on the score. Should be 228 points.