A major league enablement today by jckba….

JimHow

A major league enablement today by jckba….

Post by JimHow »

So Zachy's is having a "sale." Which, of course, usually means that their wines are only moderately over-priced. Except once in a while, you find a deal. I know it's hard to say $238 for a bottle of wine is a "deal" but as many of you know, when it comes to Dal Forno Romano Amarone -- which usually goes for over $400 -- I go just about as crazy as I do for my beloved '89 Lynch Bages. Anyway, when jckba saw that the 2009 and 2010 Dal Forno Romano Amarone were available at $238, he sent me an email. I ordered a bottle of each. You are a true BWEer, jckba! Your BD thanks you.
JimHow

Re: A major league enablement today by jckba….

Post by JimHow »

Had a chance to meet Jean-Christophe and his better half in NYC a few weeks ago when Maureen and Ian were in town. Great guy, very knowledgeable, and he "gets it," has that irreverent BWE attitude that makes our group so successful. Hope we can raise a glass again soon!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Good influences is always a good thing!

I'll be happy to taste one with you one day, as the one you brought at Rob's place was awesome.

Nic
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

He's a good egg and his missus is a hoot too...let's persuade them to come to California...
Last edited by Comte Flaneur on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jckba

Post by jckba »

Jim - I am glad you were able to partake in the sale and secure yourself a couple of btls of a special wine that you generally enjoy and at a great price.
Ian - thanks for the pic and we'll have to see how my year end plays out before I can start making travel arrangements.