Thanksgiving in Maine Day TWO

JimHow

Thanksgiving in Maine Day TWO

Post by JimHow »

We had a great Thanksgiving feast in Maine, the weather was a perfect November football-weather gray, there was a slight snow flurry but nothing serious.

The turkey and fixins were cooked to perfection, and I brought the vino:

A 2010 Brunello, I forgot the name, enjoyable. I'd say it was consumed fast but all the wines were drunk up entirely.
2003 Pontet Canet was among the first round of wines I opened and it likewise disappeared fast, very aromatic, singing from the get-go, no need to decant.
Likewise, the 2003 Lafon Rochet was similar, very distinctive, aromatic, my niece Samantha was amazed that I was able to identify it from her glass by just sniffing it.
2014 Ridge Geyserville Zinfandel.
2004 J.J. Christoffel Spatlese, these wines just seem to be able to age forever, don't they? What a magnificent light yellow/gold color, so lovely, especially with the pecan pie with cream on top dessert.
We had a match up of America vs. France pinot with dinner: 2014 St. Innocent Momtazi versus 2005 Potel Volnay. Both beautiful wines that matched up perfectly with the turkey, the St. Innocent started out strong, the Potel was reticent at first but really strutted its stuff by the end.
2003 d'Arche Sauternes from half bottle, nutty, alcoholic, sweet, not real complex but pleasing.
I pulled out a 2012 Barde Haut at the end because we were running out of wine, obviously very youthful but no rough edges going down.
as I was leaving I left the remaining group, four of them from out of town staying at my brother Tom and sister in law Barbara's house overnight with a 2005 Haut Bergey.
Lots of wine, food, family, and a lot to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Attachments
FullSizeRender-6.jpg
FullSizeRender-6.jpg (112.44 KiB) Viewed 222 times
FullSizeRender-5.jpg
FullSizeRender-5.jpg (127.53 KiB) Viewed 222 times
Nicklasss

Re: Thanksgiving in Maine Day TWO

Post by Nicklasss »

Happy Thanksgiving to the Howaniec, and to all my American friends.

No wines for us tonight, but some nice ones for tomorrow with Dstgolf and wife.

Nic