Thanksgiving 2016, Day 3

stefan

Thanksgiving 2016, Day 3

Post by stefan »

This was a light day wine wise as some of the family, especially stefanJr, were not feeling well.

2014 Domaine Drouhin Dundee Hills Chardonnay. While no match for some of the French Drouhin whites, this is fine with popcorn and should be serviceable with fish dishes. stefan 88.

With a reprise of Thanksgiving dinner we drank

2002 Hudelot-Noellat Clos Vougeot. The deep earth Vougeot nose is on the dark side. “Good fruit and nice finish,” says Lucie. This high acid wines demands food and is good with turkey IMO, but Judd says, “not big enough for the food.” I thought the wine gained strength through the meal. Lucie 90. s 92. Irena 88.

2013 Evening Land Seven Springs Pinot Noir. Dominique Lafon is the consulting winemaker for Evening Land wines, but I preferred 7 Springs when Mark Vlossak made it. The ’13 was sweeter than I expected it to be upon opening, but it became more acidic later. The cranberry flavor is nice, but I think it is time to rest this vintage for a few years. “I loved this one; the Clos Vougeot seemed too old,” said T, who normally thinks that everything I open is too young. s 88+. I 89.

Tonight we finally will drink Bordeaux.