SF Convention: Response from the Omni. SF.

Nicklasss

Re: SF Convention: Response from the Omni. SF.

Post by Nicklasss »

Hi Blanquito. This rate is from Friday to Monday, because we plan to sleep elsewhere on Thursday night.

I tried other sets of dates and you're right, minimum is 251 $ per night.

I don't understand why.

Nic
stefan

Post by stefan »

Wow! That is amazing, Nic. That is what I get, too, on both cheaptickets.com and the Omni website for Friday-Monday.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Ok, I got that price for the Omni, $206/night including taxes, thanks Nic. It's only for Friday to Monday as you say, and I fly out Sunday. I made a no-charge, no-cancellation fee reservation just to have it, and I'll try to figure out if there's a way to wrangle out of the Sunday (and look for a place for Weds and Thurs!).
jal

Post by jal »

Thanks Nicolas. This is worse than a Turkish Bazaar. I just booked Friday to Monday for $182 a night a Signature Room with AAA Discount.
Last edited by jal on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best

Jacques
William P

Post by William P »

It's fairly obvious what's going on. With the deep discounters and bidding sites, hotels like the Onmi are moving their "low" prices around to various sites so nobody can make a deep run at them for the discounted price. When I bid on Hotwire I got the Onmi for $215 a night. When I next checked the bid was 256. With booking.com, the deep discount price was gone in one day. So, it's a shell game, now you see it, now you don't.

Bill
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Any good deals for Weds and Thurs out there?
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

I'm still trying to get a response from Hotwire. I can still book 7 rooms at Le Meridien 23-26th through that link posted for $216.14 for a prepaid King room. I have no idea and they are trying to sort out why you out there can't see what they've posted to me.??
Danny
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Don't feel like waiting for bids?
Below is an event page for you with specially negotiated group rates that you can send to your guests without setting up a group hotel block. These rates are special group rates that are typically very large discounts that are not available to the general public.
http://hotwire.hotelplanner.com/EventPage3430683

This was the message that I got on Hotwires post. I can't understand why people are getting different prices shoing for le Meridien.
Danny
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Guys,

I don't know what to suggest. Hotwire agrees this link should work from anywhere until rooms are sold out (its still showing 7 rooms as of now) and the quotes are directed to my BWE group request. I've sent this link to two other friends one in Canada and one in USA and both get what I'm seeing. If you click on the link and scroll down for Le Meridien San Francisco in the hotels listed you should see it listed for $216.14 for King room still for March 23-26/17. Let me know if you are still seeing things differently??
Danny
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I can now see the $215 rate when I click on the link, Danny.

Two things: that rate goes up a good bit when one adds the Wednesday (to like $256 per night), and it looks like the $215 does not include taxes and fees.
stefan

Post by stefan »

I booked Le Meridien for Thursday - Sunday. It has free cancellation. I booked directly with the hotel before I saw the new link. The rate was the same for seniors as it is on Hotwire, at least for the studio suite.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

You are right Patrick...tx extra but that's the same with any booking. If you book thurs-Sat you'll get the rate and then book the Wed night separately...for some reason Wed more expensive but at least you'll split the difference. If you put in Wed thru Sun you'll pay the higher rate for all nights. Crazy but you have to play the game.
Danny
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Yeah, I thought we might get the rate you mentioned earlier of $155, that $215 was that rate including taxes, etc...

The killer is Wednesday night, everyone wants a small fortune for that night.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

I just did Thursday to Monday on Hotwire and got the Omni for $169 + + All in price for 4 nights was $855 or about $214 per night.

Chris Bublitz
William P

Post by William P »

Great price Chris.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Those rates won't do you Canadiens any good once the wall has been constructed! :twisted:
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Tom, I'll sneak in by the new oïl pipeline!

Nic
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

How much are the Canadians paying for our wall?
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Patrick

We should be paying for the wall to keep all of the muslims who are be fleeing out of the USA any way shape or form crossing north across our borders getting frosbite, carrying TB,STDs etc and pleeding for refugee status many sitting in or hospitals utilizing resources never to be recouped and this is just the beginning. Wait til the rest of Americans start running north then that wall might not be such a bad idea to qwell the stampede!! :lol:

Come on Tom it`s the Montreal Canadiens but we are Canadians!! :mrgreen:

Nic I love the pipeline route...brilliant. The only thing Donald does not respect is there are likely more underground passages,tunnels across the Mexican border today and that wall better go 20 feet deep to prevent further tunnels from being built and eliminate the dozens that are already there.
Danny
AKR

Post by AKR »

SF is crazy expensive for hotels. If you got a nice place for ~$200ish you did well.

We're using loyalty points to stay at a lower tier place, and even that was a boatload of them.

If the tech cycle ever turns, City of SF is going to be hurting.

They have a lot of employees making big money.

Even Peter Thiel is preparing for the Armageddon and building a secret lair down in New Zealand, with an army of PayPal Facebooking Palantir robots
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Come on, Danny - if convention was being followed you'd be Canadans. You don't live in Canadia, eh?
AKR

Post by AKR »

I just had two friends emigrate, one went to Australia and the other to the Lone Star Republic.

The latter never fit in here very well anyways, unable to fit into the Sunset magazine Chardonnay & Sushi lifestyle.

Our friend in Australia is already complaining. Apparently marsupials of some kind got into their electric junction box and gnawed up all the tasty electrical wiring (electrocuting themselves) and shorting out their whole house.

====

Weekdays in San Francisco are expensive. You guys though in general are getting fabulous rates. I'm mildly considering cancelling our points stay and paying cash, although I only need 1 night.
stefan

Post by stefan »

In the Lone Star Republic most people drink Lone Star beer with sushi, Arv. That is almost as appalling as the fact that Trump won a majority here.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Our friend who moved there used to wear sneakers into the office as well.

(Not really the cultural norms here)

He has moved to Austin, which he has been assured is sort of like San Francisco, but with cowboy boots.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Hotel Update-- I have had a heck of time finding a reasonable hotel for Wednesday and Thursday nights (much cheaper if one's stay starts a stay on Thursday and ends on Monday, for whatever reason).

I am at booked at the Omni Friday-Saturday, and I just booked the Hotel Serrano for $127/night (with taxes and fees, it's $177/night) for Weds and Thurs on Cancelon.com. Free cancellation until March 16th. Not a 5 star hotel based on the reviews (though it gets 4/5 stars for TripAdvisor reviews), but I haven't found anything else nearly this reasonable for those nights.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Revie ... ornia.html

Anyone know this hotel? Is it acceptable for that price?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yes I have not been having any luck with the Omni either.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

So when I book Thursday to Sunday at the Omni, it is $254 per night.
When I book Wednesday to Sunday, it is $350 per night.
Yet, if I book just Wednesday, it is $350.
That doesn't make sense to me.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

They're emulating airline ticket pricing. No doubt they have their rate/occupancy profit optimization programs that tell them to do this. It's not supposed to make sense.