TN: 00 Croix du Casse [Pomerol]

AKR

TN: 00 Croix du Casse [Pomerol]

Post by AKR »

00 Croix du Casse [Pomerol] 13% abv. perfect cork. purchased on release, popped and poured, and served a touch warm, probably 70F, as we had taken it to a restaurant. Not much sediment here. Dark in color, not much lightening, some smoke, saddle, leather on the nose. International kind of flavored palate - more on the plummy side to me. Oak is integrated, as have the tannins/acids. Full bodied and well balanced, but doesn't have the depth other years have had. I can't remember if this vintage was made by Jean Michel Arcaute, or if he'd died by then. We've been drinking the 95 mostly recently, and I like that the best (surprisingly) of their other good 90s efforts like 1990, 1995, 1998. Maybe the decanting, which I declined, would have richened it up. In any case, we consumed the bottle at dinner and enjoyed it, despite limited complexity. I'd give it a B and suggest it should be consumed now. If this was the only time I'd ever had the estate I wouldn't be super enthused about the 2015, but I think I'll get one of those hoping that they will have either rediscovered their karma, or the vintage characteristics will shine enough. The dollar has made them very attractive.

The estate is near the Catusseau area below