Chateau Hosanna 2011

Comte Flaneur

Chateau Hosanna 2011

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous and so approachable. The nose! Smooth, velvety, luxurious palate and so lithe! It has a complex palate of black summer fruits, black cherry, and other nuances. It is opulent, seductive, complex and drinking very well now. Great modern Pomerol! I think it will age well, but clearly will develop more complexity over time. I had a 1999 a few months ago, the first vintage of this estate and it was stunning. It used to be the lowly Certan-Giroud. As this develops a track record the price will probably go up. Millionaires midweek playground? I mean, let's face it, if you can buy this sub $100 a bottle why would millionaires need to bother with anything else?

Footnote: I watched the inauguration today. My expectation was that the speech would be more conciliatory like his uncharacteristically magnanimous victory speech. But even under the dignity of the protocol of the inauguration process that narcissistic mf couldn't help himself. I walked out of work today at lunch time your time with a heavy heart and leaden feeling in my gut knowing that that monster would be signing executive orders all afternoon. The Far Right has hijacked the US and the UK. This feels like Germany in the 1930s.

However

This wine helped lighten the spirit.

I also hazarded across some Belair 2000 recently. Salil and Keith are spot on. They really nailed it.

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=50059
AKR

Re: Chateau Hosanna 2011

Post by AKR »

Don't forget about M. Le Pen!

I've loved Hosanna too.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Never had a Hosanna or Certan-Giraud, but I believe you, as Pomerol always transcends the merlot. That 2010 Chateau Le Caillou I had tonight is very very good for the price.

Nic
AKR

Post by AKR »

Poor Certan Giraud. It's like the kid from a family of jocks who can't catch the ball or run fast.

We once had a party with a double mag of the 1985, and it was a tedious wine.

Fortunately everyone was hammered by the time we opened it.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Comte,

Hosanna or at least the vintages that I've had 2000,2005,2006 have all been panty droppers. Delicious but I wouldn't call it for the pocket book faint of heart. The 2005 is going for $315cdn in Quebec and the 2015 was released as a future at $199. These are prices that with a healthy cellar I will not chase. Hell I even have a tough time paying that much for a round of golf at the top courses around the world. Priorities!! :D
Danny