The 2012 Barde Haut has been uncorked....

JimHow

The 2012 Barde Haut has been uncorked....

Post by JimHow »

There are only 93 bottles left in stock at MacArthur's (www.bassins.com) for $26.99, you guys are nuts if you don't pick up at least a six pack of this purple beauty. So "pure"! Thought I'd uncork a bottle just to check in on it before pulling the trigger on another 6 to 12 bottle order. Yum.
Blanquito

Re: The 2012 Barde Haut has been uncorked....

Post by Blanquito »

How's the 2005 Barde Haut drinking these days? I went pretty long on that after Tanzer gave it 93 pts, but I haven't tried one in ages.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Why would you not even TRY a single bottle of 2005 Barde Haut after 12 LONG years since vintage?
I've drunk all but 4 bottles from my case of '05 and I think it is great but at or past its peak.
I mean, we're not exactly talking '96 Lafite here.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Good to know. I'll crack one tonight and report. Agent Blanquito, over and out.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Sweet lord, this 2005 Barde Haut is delicious! Such a great core of alluring dark cherry fruit combined with a grippy tartness. Sweet without any heaviness. Already getting silky, I agree with Jim that this is in a great place already. For my preferences, it's more early maturity than just post-peak, so I plan to drink my remaining case between now-2026.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Well done Blanquito. Very well done indeed.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

If I were buying wine, I would buy 2012 Barde Haut. You are tempting me Jim but like a smoker who has gone cold turkey it is easier to resist now that I am a couple of months out. Next big challenge will be the coming SQN offer. My last list...

Opened my first 2005 Barde Haut about a year ago. Drinking well but hoping for that aged complexity (more over the hill to Jim) to come out in a few more years:

2005 Barde Haut 12/21/2015 Cellared since release, perfect cork and fill. Dark red/purple, minimal lightening at the rim. Cassis, dark berries on the nose. Medium-full body, dark fruits, nice balance, still some tannins, medium finish. No longer youthful but no significant aged complexity. Excellent.