The 2012 Olga Raffault Chinon Les Picasses has been uncorked

Nicklasss

The 2012 Olga Raffault Chinon Les Picasses has been uncorked

Post by Nicklasss »

And I like it. But I understand Jimhow point of view on the 2007, as this 2012 is far away from the concentration of any red Bordeaux.

A medium red color, with medium intense aromas of cocoa, herbs, red berries, and spicy raw meat. In mouth, mixture of red berries, concentrated red cherries, wood, red peppers. Stay light in mouth, but still long, light to medium tanins. The final is flowery with lilac and violet flowers and light prune. I like that very drinkable style, while being quite intellectual wine. Even if it feel watery, it has some intensity too. A not easy to understand, very genuinely well made wine. Tn: 88.

Nic
DavidG

Re: The 2012 Olga Raffault Chinon Les Picasses has been uncorked

Post by DavidG »

I agree with your impressions Nic. I think of Loire Cab Franc as on an intensity spectrum somewhere between Beaujolais and Bordeaux, if that makes any sense given that Beaujolais is a totally different grape.

I am ok with some green notes but Cab Franc has so much of it that it needs to be a really ripe year in the Loire for those wines to hit my sweet spot.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I agree with you David, on the Beaujolais mix with Bordeaux analogy.

Last night, the two wines that 2012 Chinon reminded me were the Guy Breton Morgon and Chateau le Puy, an organic Bordeaux Côtes de Francs.

Nic
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Like Beaujolais without the charm...
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

One day, you'll understand Loire Cabernet Franc. I concede that a nation that elect Trump, is not mature yet, to understand Chinon...

Nic