Not a cheerleader for SI

stefan

Not a cheerleader for SI

Post by stefan »

OK, I really am a cheerleader for St. Innocent. But I don't like all the wines Mark makes. In fact, I have not liked a single 2011 Pinot Noir that he made (not that I have liked any Oregon 2011 PN). Lucie is abstaining tonight, so I opened a 2011 SI Freedom Hill to see if it has gotten better. Nope, it is the same too thin, too acidic wine that it was a year or so ago. It is not a bad wine, if truth be told. The flavor is good and the wine has a strong entry. But the thinness and acidity is obvious and the finish is not very long.

The 2011 SI PNs mix well with their 2009 namesakes because the 2009s are very fruity and almost flabby, but I don't have 2009 SI FH and don't even remember whether Mark made one. I have 2008, but it is a complete wine so I won't mix the 2011 with it. 2013 I also have, but I don't think it will mix well with the 2011.

Next time I open a 2011 SI I will make sure that I have a 2009 of the same wine handy. As for the Freedom Hill, I think I'll let my children inherit my remaining bottles.
JimHow

Re: Not a cheerleader for SI

Post by JimHow »

I've been developing quite a little St. Innocent collection in my cellar. I think I'll pick up some of those 2014 Sheas.
William P

Post by William P »

Well Bill, I for one, appreciate your cheerleading on this one. You and Glenn definitely got me tasting and cellaring this winery. Though, I tend to drink them young just because they are so accessible (except for 2011). :)

Bill
Claret

Post by Claret »

I am currently working through the 05's and some 08 Village Cuvee. I liked 11's on release but have not opened any yet.
Glenn