2011 Roc de Cambes has been uncorked

jckba

2011 Roc de Cambes has been uncorked

Post by jckba »

So an ITB friend of mine recently purchased a bunch of this wine as he fell in love with it and sent me a btl free of charge b/c he wanted to know my thoughts on it. This is a new estate for me and one that is owned by Francois et Emilie Mitjavile (of Tetre Rotebouef fame) and located in the Cotes de Bourg. This was pop and poured last night and drank over the course of 3 hours and where the last glass was most certainly the best.

A beautifully ripe nose of blackberry, raspberry, cassis, leather and truffle lead way to a sweet medium bodied palate that is full of black cherry, oak and spice flavors that linger ever so pleasantly on the finish. Modern in style for sure but also darn good. 92 points
Last edited by jckba on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Re: 2011 Roc de Cambes has been uncorked

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Do not see much of or about the 2011 vintage. RdC is well reputed so your note is not surprising but it seems increasingly harder to find a bad bottle of Bordeaux than to find a great one at a good price.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

The 90 Roc de Cambes was a beautiful wine in its day.
AKR

Post by AKR »

That it was.

Not sure why, but it seems like the WA has hardly covered RdC in recent years.

Given that it must have been presented when Tertre Rotebouef was shown, that seems strange.
greatbxfreak

Post by greatbxfreak »

AKR,

Because Francois Mitjavile broke in 2003 I think with the negociant who normally presented TR and RdC samples for Robert Parker. Since then he didn't write anything about both estates, but Neal Martin did and still does. Happily, myself and Jeff Leve know both properties as our own pockets, so you always be updated....
AKR

Post by AKR »

Hmm given that MacArthurs/Bassins in DC is tight with RMP, and they bring in RdC, I would have thought he would have bought a bottle periodically to round his notes.

Given that its the best wine of the Bourg it seems like something that ought to have been covered.