The BWE San Francisco '17 Agenda

JimHow

The BWE San Francisco '17 Agenda

Post by JimHow »

Welcome to the 17th annual BWE Convention in San Francisco, California!

For those of us arriving on Wednesday we will be traversing to Ed and Lisa's house for some OLD wines. Looking forward to it. Eddie, please let us know if we need to bring anything, food, cheese, etc. I'll bring a very old wine that I have NO doubt is vinegar, only because the bottle is about 70% full. I'm going to uncork it really only for ceremonial purposes. The color looks decent up to the light but there is also a very unhealthy murkiness to it. I'll bring another wine as well, much younger, but old for my cellar.

On Thursday night, we have a small dinner organized with some great wines. Unfortunately for Nic, who will be in Napa, we will drink the 1995 d'Yquem without him.

On Friday and Saturday nights, here is Ed's description of the venues:

Friday March 24th, the traditional "everything but Bordeaux" evening, will be at Piperade http://www.piperade.com/, which is located at 1015 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111. We've had previous BWE events at Piperade and it is a very congenial spot. We will have one half of the restaurant to ourselves. Our max capacity for Friday night is 36 people.

Saturday March 25th, the traditional main event with Bordeaux and more Bordeaux, will be at Town Hall http://townhallsf.com/, which is located at 342 Howard St, San Francisco, CA 94105. We have a private room at Town Hall with a max capacity of 40 people, and will have passed appetizers, multiple main course options including steak, etc.

I can't wait to see everyone and drink some great wines in the great city of San Francisco!

BD
Blanquito

Re: The BWE San Francisco '17 Agenda

Post by Blanquito »

I can't wait to see everyone again in the city by the bay. Thursday night is shaping up as an epic already.
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

And to make logistics clear for folks on the events I am coordinating:

Wednesday night is at my flat in SF at 6 PM. More detail in the specific Wednesday night thread.

The Friday and Saturday night events are both at 7 PM

SF Ed
Last edited by SF Ed on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

SF Ed:

I plan to bring a blind mystery double mag on Sat, so does Townhall have a decanter or two? Thanks,

Michael-P
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

And what about Sunday?

Is Nic planning to get a haircut?
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

I have no idea if Town Hall has any decanters. They probably do. If not, you can just be strong and pour from the double magnum ;)

SF Ed
tim

Post by tim »

Any pre-dinner get togethers this evening?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'm sure there will be Timmy.
I think we are also planning on lunch.