TN 2005 Ch. Haut Bages Liberal

AlohaArtakaHoundsong

TN 2005 Ch. Haut Bages Liberal

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Because the topic of 2005 has been broached recently I thought I'd give this another try. The first couple of bottles were very light and tight and this one seemed so at the outset. Pleased to report however that with a couple of hours of air this looks like it's approaching approachability, perhaps even early maturity. Eventually this gave off a lot of nice berries in the bouquet and the flavor. It has plenty of acids and tannins throughout but developed decent depth and remarkable sweetness as we got into the bottle. As Rudi has also reported on a number of 2001s recently, I would say this HBL tastes more like a good 2001 than a "typical" 2005. As another of us is fond of closing, YMMV.
AKR

Re: TN 2005 Ch. Haut Bages Liberal

Post by AKR »

That sounds like a good one.

We've been up in Tahoe all day.

Warm spell has led to slushy spring skiing.

And then it rained.

Kids were outraged that their promised jacuzzi time got cancelled/postponed.

Not much fun to sit in those while its raining.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I don't know if I've ever had an Haut Bages Liberal.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I'm going to Winter Park in couple of weeks. Big first half of season but it has been pretty dry for a few weeks. Hoping to get in a powder day.
AKR

Post by AKR »

I don't know if you remember JimHow, but PappaDoc once brought either an 82 or 86 to some small format get together we had. It was pretty solid Pauillac. I've not had many either.

====

HoundSong - we got back from Summit County two weeks ago. There is good coverage. We did the KAB circuit. Unf, the SO got a bout of alti sickness, which cut things short. And the kids also had separate issues, related to ENT infections. So I still have a voucher left with one of the ski schools out there.

I took the kids out again this morning at Northstar and it was slushy, without any syrup. Pretty tiring, so we cut and ran by noonish. What sucks about these conditions is that one gets lots of joint wear and tear, and muscle fatigue, for very little vertical consumed. Its not like my fast skiing Vermont ice (and much missed cold, free cellar)