2008 Clos Fourtet TN

jckba

2008 Clos Fourtet TN

Post by jckba »

First bottle from the case and I opted to decant it for approximately 3 hours. A beautifully expressive nose of candied cherry licorice, fig, leather and tobacco that lead way and echo on the pure, ripe, full bodied palate that is bursting with blackberry and then chocolaty notes that linger.

I really enjoy the wines of Clos Fourtet and we shall see if I succeeded in posting a picture for the first time.
Attachments
2008 Clos Fourtet
2008 Clos Fourtet
08Fourtet.JPG (103.35 KiB) Viewed 403 times
DavidG

Re: 2008 Clos Fourtet TN

Post by DavidG »

Nice pic and nice note! My first experience with Clos Fourtet was in 2005 and I'm a fan. It satisfies that need for a ripe rich right banker.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Very nice. I just pulled a 1998 from the offsite cellar. They have moved to a bigger style of wine I think.

I was thinking though this would be a good wine to have with other BWE's.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

JC would you say modern or trad? I am anticipating you will say modern.

Have you or any one else broached the 2000 recently?
jckba

Post by jckba »

Ian - And you guessed correct, I'd definitely go with a modern bend due to the sweetness and ripeness levels but it did not bother me in any shape, way or form. I do not own nor have I tried the 2000 which I believe was prior to the Cuvelier family purchasing the estate and I am sure that the style has changed especially since Derencourt was brought in but as I have never tasted any of the prior examples I cannot really comment.
AKR

Post by AKR »

I thought the older ones were traditional. Its been a while since I've had one though.

Some of the old ones from big years are a little underwhelming, seem to remember 82 being that way.