Multi-case purchases

jckba

Multi-case purchases

Post by jckba »

So it's Friday afternoon here in the northeast and it's just about the weekend and I am curious, what types of wines do you (as in each of you) tend to purchase in multiple case quantities? Is it generally the lower priced everyday offerings commonly referred to as housewines that you tend to reach for without thinking such as a Sancerre or Cotes du Rhone or Provencial Rose or Etna Rosso etc, or do you go for the cellarworthy gems that you know are going to transform or mispriced wine offerings or do you do all of the above :mrgreen: ... do tell.
JimHow

Re: Multi-case purchases

Post by JimHow »

I have weird drinking habits, I rarely buy anything that costs less than $30.
stefan

Post by stefan »

It has been years since I bought two cases of the same wine at the same time. Sometimes I buy a second case of a wine we particularly like if I get a good deal on it.

I buy single cases of many wines. Their prices typically range from the low $20s for Saint Innocent whites to $80. I can't recall ever buying a case of a wine that costs much more than $100.
Last edited by stefan on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

I often buy a case of a wine, both inexpensive everyday drinkers as well as those that I plan to cellar. On a number of occasions I have bought a second case (or third) later to keep up my stock. I can think of only two occasions where I bought 2 cases of a wine in one purchase. But the only reason was that it was an allocated wine, and if I did not buy when offered, it would be gone later.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

My typical buy for a wine to cellar is 6-12 bottles. I'm more interested in diversity than depth. Owning 24 or more bottles of the same wine would limit that. The single exception was 2 cases and 2 mags of 1989 Lynch Bages, the wine that inspired Jim to found BWE, that I bought on release.