Is a young Ridge Vineyards Zin the epiphany of young wines?

Nicklasss

Is a young Ridge Vineyards Zin the epiphany of young wines?

Post by Nicklasss »

Having the 2013 Ridge Vineyards Geyserville tonight, last time was just a few weeks ago, and what a nice young wine. That deep zin red color, that superb nose of zin fruit, ripe red cherries, zin berries, spices, cinnamon, elegant vanilla, powder cocoa, cola, blue fruits, very nice nose. In mouth, that crushed ripe red berry, cola, old cinnamon stick flavors, nice tanins, woody tannin, vanillin tanins, with a nice ripe richness but finishes with a kind of elegance we don't find in many other zins, noble american oak, more fruit berries, decent long . A very nice ypung wine. Tn: 92-93.

That bring me to think: are the zin from Ridge are the best young red wines around? Of course, the concentration of vegetal zin fruit is great all the time, but with an inherent elegance. Seems to me like they're almost the only one able to achieve that superb result.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: Is a young Ridge Vineyards Zin the epiphany of young wines?

Post by Nicklasss »

Ridge Zins will never be 100 point wines, but seem to me that will never be 88 point wines either.

Nic
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

They are in that $29-30 range here in the US, which seems to be an excellent price for the quality offered.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

Always been a fan, very reliable. I have been enjoying Ridge Zins since the mid-80s.

Chris Bublitz
AKR

Post by AKR »

Ridge might be the one estate most universally loved by all factions of the wine consuming universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHa1zTLrXO8
Carlos Delpin

Post by Carlos Delpin »

Before you assign the trophy please try any of the 2012 or 2013 Turley Zins. IMHO the Ridge Zins are great but the purity and transparency of the Turley fruit edges them a bit in the pleasure delivery.