JimHow

Harry's new book is being printed!!

Post by JimHow »

...according to the latest newsletter.

Congratulations Harry!!!
DavidG

Re: Harry's new book is being printed!!

Post by DavidG »

I got the e-mail too - looking forward to the map and the book!
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

I've tried to buy the book four times, from three different computers...always fails at the "take my credit card info" step, but not until after they have all my info...

I give up (and hope I don't get frauded three ways from Sunday!)
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I've given up too, but I'm confident I'll be able to buy it when the time comes.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

I've also not succeeded in ordering a copy. The software of the webshop just won't allow me to order one.

I've sent an e-mail to the contact address and I hope that they will manage to fix the problem (hopefully before the special offer expires on 19 June).

ChrisW
HarryKaris

Post by HarryKaris »

Sorry for the inconvenience. I can assure you that running your own webshop is far from easy. First you are stuck to the format and all kind of complex processes embedded in the webshop program. Anyhow, depending on the problem level (ordering, payment), often we find a solution.
The main issue in case of experiencing problems during the ordering process is due to an incomplete procedure. Sometimes people just forget to put the 'item' in the shopping basket and ending up only with a charge for the shipping costs. Compared to other online shops (even Amazon), the procedure is very much the same. 90% of the problems with ordering is related to mistakes made during the ordering process. During the process (until you are guided to a secured page for the payment) you can go back and forth - e.g. changing the number of books, adding a map, changing the address etc.
Another important issue is that you do NOT need to sign in first and have an account. This is only necessary (or convenient) when you want to receive a newsletter or for new orders in future - in that case you do not need to fill in your name, address etc. anymore. When you want to order without opening an account you do not need a password - you only complete the name/address form. I think the payment options we offer are very extended and should cover all demands. All payment options run via a secured site of Moneybookers (e.g. all credit cards). The other payment method is Paypal. When you have an account you can log in. BUT (many do not know this), it is also possible to pay by credit card (Visa, AMEX and Master) without opening a Paypal account. Only in case you already have a credit card linked to an existing Paypal account the only way to pay will be through your registered Paypal account. When there is a problem on the level of the actual transaction (secured site) there's not much I can do because it is outside my reach. When having a problem with a credit card payment via Moneybookers you always can try a new one via Paypal. In that case you can send us an email and we will cancel the first order.
We are preparing a simple step by step 'ordering guide' including illustrations. Please do not hesitate to contact me when you have any more questions an/or comment.

FYI
The book (a proof print to show and some more promotional stuff) will be presented at Vinexpo June 22-25 In Bordeaux at the stand of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape winemakers.............