Calon Segur 2000, deal or not?

wine_drinker

Calon Segur 2000, deal or not?

Post by wine_drinker »

I just found this listing of Calon Segur 2000 at this merchant site: https://lagunacellar.com/collections/vi ... segur-2000

Anyone care to comment on whether or not this is a good buy? They list only 6 left.
Gerry M.

Re: Calon Segur 2000, deal or not?

Post by Gerry M. »

I'm still sitting on mine and have not tried yet but the reviews seem to be positive. It's a "meh" price, not bad but nothing to back up the truck on. If you look on WS Pro there are a few places selling for $10 to $20 less. If The seller is local it would be worth it saving you the need to ship and related cost.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

W_D, I can't answer your question but in true BWE fashion I'll give you two semi-related suggestions.

1) If you don't already have a subscription to Wine Searcher Pro, give it some serious consideration. It won't tell you about the quality of the wine but will give you a solid handle on whether this is a competitive price.

2) Not that any self-respecting BWEer would do this, but posting details of a potentially killer deal on a public BB before you make your own purchase could lead to the unpleasant experience of finding tha someone else has poached rhem
wine_drinker

Post by wine_drinker »

Jim, thanks for the advice. I just signed up for Wine-Searcher Pro. I also called the seller (Laguna Cellar) to inquire about their listings in order to get a read on them. Suffice to say that I felt confident enough and took your advice to order a few good bottles before they are snatched up by others.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Hope you enjoy them W_D.

I'm DavidG. That's just a quote of Jim's I put in my sig line to tease him. Gee its been almost a year. Guess it's long past fresh...