2013 Domaine du Chardonnay Chablis 1er cru Vaillons

Nicklasss

2013 Domaine du Chardonnay Chablis 1er cru Vaillons

Post by Nicklasss »

With some crab tonight, as it is the season, a Chablis was needed.

The 2013 Domaine du Chardonnay 1er Cru Vaillons is from a producer I have rarely seen, so getting my attention in the wine store. Light yellow color, strong nose of gun powder, bitter star fruit, barely ripe pears, lemon peel. But the mineral gun powder is intense. With some shell aromas. In mouth, the strong minerals are there too, fresh, green grape, green lemon. This is not the most concentrated Chablis, but very long on some minerals, kinda something vegetal and soft lemon. Light smoke too. Very good, hit the 90 points, on a very mineral style.

Nic
stefan

Re: 2013 Domaine du Chardonnay Chablis 1er cru Vaillons

Post by stefan »

Chablis is the one classy white wine Burgundy appellation in which there are still good values; moreover, in my experience, Chablis is less cursed by premox than the other appellations.

What kind of crab did you have with the Chablis, Nic?
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Hi stefan.

I would call it snow crab or spider crab. This is what is available here and very ligyt and refined taste crab.

I guess you're right vs premox and Chablis and other white Bourgogne. I opened a 2005 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Vide Bourse from Laurent and Fernand Pillot tonight: 95%!oxydized. I will drink all my white Bourgogne in their first 5 years.

A 2006 Chateau Pavie-Macquin was great. Acidic rasberries, blackcurrants, noble spicy oAk, meat, mineral. Very goid and very 2006.

Nic
stefan

Post by stefan »

Yes, a nice crab, Nic. And too bad about the 05 Chassagnes.